Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pulled Pork

Pork is my go-to meat, I love it in all it’s varieties.
A very versatile recipe.
I buy the pork shoulder at Costco, it comes two shoulders per pack, I freeze one and use the other for this recipe (be sure to trim as much of the fat off as possible). After I shred the meat, I use as much as I need for dinner that night, then divide the rest up into meal sized bags then put them in the freezer, I can pull them out and use them for a quick dinner. I love serving this pork over rice with teriyaki glaze over the top, with pineapple and peas on the side it makes a great dinner. Or if you are in a pinch, use the meat for barbeque pulled pork sandwiches: mix the cooked meat with enough barbecue sauce to coat then serve on hamburger buns. It’s very good.

1 six pound boneless pork shoulder roast
1 medium onion very finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, mined
3 Tbsp. Montreal Seasoning blend

1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place meat in a roasting bag, rub one side of the meat with half of the minced garlic. Sprinkle with seasoning blend and chopped onion. Turn roast over and treat in the same manner. Seal bag and puncture 4 to 5 times with knife. Transfer to a roasting pan or large baking pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes at 450°. After time is up, drop the heat to 300°; roast the meat for 5 to 6 more hours. Remove from oven and shred meat using 2 forks.

No comments: