Saturday, January 16, 2010

Plantation Pecan Pie

The whole time I’m eating this, I’m thinking to myself ‘This is so good!’ Every bite I amaze myself with how good this is.
A tip for being able to get all of the corn syrup out of the measuring cup: break the eggs into the measuring cup first, pour the eggs into the mixing bowl, then measure the corn syrup, the eggs make the sides of the cup ‘non-stick’.


3 eggs
½ c. sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1 c. dark corn or cane syrup
¼ c. butter or margarine, melted
1 ½ c. pecan halves


1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust.
3. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted about 1 ½” from the edge comes out clean.

No comments: