Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lemon Bundt Cake

This recipe was given to me at my bridal shower and it is always a huge hit when I make it. The best part of it is the part that has been sitting in the lemon glaze on the bottom of the storage dish, be generous when making the glaze. Sometimes after I slice a piece I’ll take some of the glaze and spread it on the piece like butter, it’s so good. I never give this recipe out, I like to be treated like royalty when I make this for people, so I’m selfish with this recipe.

3 oz. pkg. lemon Jell-O
1 c. hot water
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (you could also use lemon cake mix)
4 whole eggs
¾ c. oil


1. Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside to cool.
2. Mix together cake mix, oil & cooled lemon mixture. Beat at low speed 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time. Beat for another 3 minutes at medium speed.
3. Pour into well greased and floured bundt cake pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Invert onto plate. Punch holes in cake with a fork. Spread glaze over cake.

Glaze: Combine lemon juice & rind of 2 lemons and 2 c. of powdered sugar, whisk well.

No comments: