Thursday, December 22, 2016

Banana Pudding

Once a month my girl friends and I get together for a dinner group.  This dessert was served at a Southern themed dinner.  It was by far my favorite dessert served at a dinner group, and I'm not a huge banana fan.  Something about the texture, the sweetness, just hit the spot.  I am not sure where they got the recipe, but I knew I had to post it here so I don't lose it!

1 (14 oz,) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 c. ice cold water
1 (3.4 oz.) box instant banana pudding
3 c. heavy cream
1 (12 oz.) box Vanilla wafers
4 c. sliced bananas

In a small bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and water with an electric mixer on medium speed, until well combined (about 1 minute).  Add the pudding mix and beat well, about 2 minutes.  Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.

In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until still peaks form.  Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain.

To assemble dessert: in a 4-5 quart capacity bowl, arrange one third of the vanilla wafers to cover the bottom of the bowl, overlapping if necessary, then one third of the bananas and one third of the pudding.  Repeat layering twice more, garnishing with additional wafers of wafer crumbs on the top layer.  Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or up to 8 hours before serving.

No comments: