2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. unbleached, all purpose flour
2 packages (2 1/4 tsp. each) active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 c. lukewarm water
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1. Place flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a mixer fitted with a dough hook. While mixer is running, gradually add water and knead on low speed until dough is frim and smooth, about ten minutes. Turn machine off.
2. Pour oil down inside of bowl. Turn on low once more for 15 seconds to coat inside of bowl and all surfaces of dough with the oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm spot until doubled in bulk, about two hours.
3. Preheat oven to highest setting (500 or 550). Punch dough down, cut in half. On generously floured work surface, place one half of dough.
4. By hand, form dough loosely into a ball, stretch into a circle. Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough into large circle until very thin. If you get a hole, just pinch edges back together.
5. To prevent dough from sticking to counter, turn dough over, add flour to dough, counter and rolling pin as needed. Transfer dough to a pizza stone or cookie sheet with no lip. Add toppings.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.