Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nearly the Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie


I did not make this recipe up, I found it on another blog, and out of respect for them, here is the link to the original makers of this delicious recipe

I liked these cookies.  The texture is perfect, nice and fluffy and chewy and yummy; they did, for me, lean a little too far to the very sweet side.  If I were to make these again, I would, for sure, not use unsalted butter.  I enjoy the almost undetectable contrast of salt/sweet that is found in your run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookie. 
The recipe is well worth keeping around though.

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 c. chocolate chips.

1.  Preheat oven to 350.
2.  Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla; blend.
3.  In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.  Incorporate them in to the sugar mixture.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
4.  Using a standard sized cookie scoop, divide the dough onto prepared baking sheets.  Bake for 8-10 minutes (do not exceed 10 minutes, the tops will still be a very pale color).  Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.



No comments: