2 lbs. pork boneless shoulder roast
1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 envelope (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chilies, undrained
2 pkg (7.6 oz each) Spanish rice mix
5 c. water
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 3/4 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 1/4 c. shredded lettuce
3/4 c. salsa
1. If pork comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings. In 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, place pork. Pour beans around pork. Sprinkle dry taco seasoning mix over pork. Pour green chilies over beans.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. About 45 minutes before serving, in 3 quart saucepan, make rice mixes as directed on package, using water and butter.
4. Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds. Return pork to cooker; gently stir to mix with beans.
5. To serve, spoon about 1 c. rice into each serving bowl, top with 1/2 c. pork mixture, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. lettuce and about 1 Tbsp. salsa.