Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Yet again: chocolate and peanut butter are making an appearance together on my blog.  I can't help it: I love them with every fiber of my being.  Separately they are amazing, yet together, they are magic. They speak to my heart, sweet messages of love.  sigh...
I found this recipe on pinterest, had the ingredients and the desire so I made them.  I kind of think that next time I might make them in a 9X9" pan rather than the 9X13; I felt like the cookie layer was too sparse on the top.  I ate them anyway, don't misunderstand me.  I just feel that might improve the perfection.

1 (18.25 oz) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla

1.  Preheat oven to 325.
2.  Combine the cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon.  Press this into a 9X13" pan, reserving 1 1/2 c. of the mixture to crumble on top.
3.  In a small pot, melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and 2 Tbsp. butter.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
4.  Spread chocolate mixture over the base and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups reserved cake mixture evenly on top.
5.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.


No comments: